“A good speech should be like a woman’s skirt; long enough to cover the subject and short enough to create interest.”
The IELTS examination, on an average, sees around 2 to 3 million aspirants from 140 different countries, appearing every year.
To keep up with this tough competition, it is but natural that one needs to prepare full-fledged to ace the exam.
So, here are four hacks for IELTS speaking band 7 –
1. Select topics and ideas
There needs to be a base to start with. Many suffer from a problem of not being able to speak to someone in native English.
To offset this, the best way is to select a topic and then pick some ideas on that topic.
So in case, the topic is events, the ideas can be the type of events i.e. cultural, social, and religious, sports, the crowd size, the administrative issues created by crowd size, the positive economic impact, political fallout ….. It is endless.
Let the imagination flow.
Want to know about best IELTS Institute in Mohali?
2. Words for the topic
Now select the words for the topic and built up a strong vocabulary centred on the words.
Be sure to have an idea of what the examiner is looking forward from an IELTS cleared student who is supposed to converse with ease and in a commanding language.
So accordingly place strong and convincing words rather than plain vanilla words.
3. Record voice
This is a very important step among hacks for IELTS speaking band 7 to having a high band score and many would initially balk at doing so. But this is the core to speaking improvement.
- Make six questions on the topic first chosen, like in the example it was an event.
- Once the questions are selected, list down the answers by recording them in the mobile phone or recorder and then listen to it carefully till each and every mistake is crystal clear. From there to rectify is easy.
- Avoid writing down the answers, because it is a detailed activity in which mistakes are carefully eliminated. That is not so with speaking.
4. Listen to the answer and check
The IELTS speaking exam revolves around fluency, vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation, which is evaluated by the examiner. Listen to the recorded voice again and again against each parameter.
- Fluency – Check the length of the sentence used, hesitation sounds emanating, silence gaps.
- Vocabulary – Should show a range of words with multiple meanings of the same word and no repetition.
- Grammar – It should be a mix of past and presence simple tenses and the sentence structures should be complicated enough to give a band score of 7 and above.
- Pronunciation – Listen to the pronunciation and where in doubt, correct it through online help. Also, observe the intonation. A flat intonation means a low band score.
Hacks to Improve your reading score in IELTS
These few proven hacks for IELTS speaking band 7 will go a long way in helping you secure a high band score confidently.
Wish to know more about the IELTS test and score more?
Come, visit British Career Group and we will help you in all possible ways to achieve your dream of studying abroad in the best university.