Indeed, you can prepare for IELTS on your own.
IELTS is an International English Language Test to check the English proficiency of an individual. One needs to give this test either to study or migrate abroad.
If you can follow certain steps, you can surely achieve the desired score in each module.
· Practice as much as you can
· Familiarise yourself with the different accents
· Concentrate on the audio played during the test and work on your weaknesses
· Learn to translate the conversation played to avoid any kind of confusion.
· Develop English skills by reading newspapers, articles, and journals.
· Practice the techniques like skimming and scanning to finish your test on time
· Learn the strategies to construe the answers from passages by practicing the tests
· Learn advanced vocabulary, as most of the answers will be based on the understanding of synonyms.
- First and foremost, develop English writing skills without grammatical errors.
- Follow the writing structure that will ensure 9 Band.
- Use advanced vocabulary to present your ideas by using synonyms.
- Incorporate a variety of tenses in the writing task to showcase your writing ability.
- Answer the task in the assigned word limit.
· Give answers in a natural tone, do not give crammed answers
· Enhance your vocabulary to showcase your proficiency in the English language
· Be confident and spontaneous with your answers
If your requirement is not more than 7 and you have a good hold over English, you can surely clear this test on your own. Nonetheless, if your goal is higher and you do not have your basics clear then you should consider taking coaching from a reputed institute. An IELTS trainer can help you to overcome your weaknesses and can assist you in all areas.
We at BRITISH CAREER GROUP will provide you strategies and optimal training to clear this test. We will be providing samples of writing tasks, cue cards for speaking, and tips and tricks to clear the listening and reading test. WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.